Triumph’s engineers have honed this roadster to perfection, giving it supersport specification, suspension and brakes. With power, torque and even more excitement, this is the most fun you can have on two wheels.
Its lightweight chassis is even more dynamic, delivering greater levels of agility and precision while keeping you firmly planted. Fitted with additional adjustable front forks, an RSU with both pre-load and damping adjustment the Street Triple R offers renowned ride quality, handling and control.
The liquid cooled 12 valve triple, combined with a close ratio six speed gearbox produce an exhilarating ride, and the under-engine silencer helps lower the centre gravity and improve handling. The Nissin radial 4-piston brakes are built to match the bike’s high performance, coping easily with higher speed and rapid deceleration. And the Street Triple R features state-of-the-art Anti-Lock Brakes as standard that can cope with even the hardest braking. And because the ABS system is switchable, it can be easily deactivated whenever necessary via the instrument panel – it will then automatically re-activate when the motorbike is re-started.
The Street Triple R has distinctive good looks too, with stylish brushed metal finishes, aggressive headlights and a choice of colours complimenting the dark powder coated engine and the telltale red rear sub frame, red side radiator cowls, and red pin stripe detailing to the wheels.
The Street Triple R is not a subtle motorbike. It’s a bike with unmistakable attitude, for riders who want to take it to the max.
- Dynamic Chassis: Defining the new Street Triple R’s aggressive new look is the all-new frame. Incorporating a high-pressure die-cast rear subframe for increased rigidity. Not only is the chassis robust and hard-edged, it’s also advanced. Designed to optimise dynamism, agility and rider enjoyment, the light-weight design and lower centre of gravity gives you the stability and confidence for an incredible riding experience. And with the addition of adjustable front forks, an RSU with both pre-load and damping adjustment and Nissin radial 4-piston brakes, the Street Triple R has even more of an edge.
- Low Mounted Exhaust: Street Triple R features a low-mounted stainless steel 3 into 1 exhaust system with a low single-sided silencer. This new design reduces the centre of gravity for an exceptionally agile and exhilarating riding experience.
- Switchable ABS: Brake with confidence and you can cope with the unexpected. On the Street Triple R are state-of-the-art Anti-Lock Brakes that can cope with even the hardest braking. And because the ABS system is switchable, it can be easily deactivated whenever necessary via the instrument panel – it will then automatically re-activate when the bike is re-started.
- 675 Triple Engine: The throbbing heart of the Triumph Street Triple R is the 675cc liquid-cooled triple. Revving to 12,650rpm, the engine delivers excellent performance and the unmistakable unique sound of a Triumph triple. Combining the benefits of low down torque and high rev performance, the triple engine truly defines its athletic spirit.
- Styling: With hard-edged street looks, exposed engine, unmistakable twin headlamps and low mounted silencer this is a pure riders bike. A striking new wheel design reduces un-sprung mass which improves dynamics and agility. The all-new Street Triple R is available in Phantom Black, Crystal White, and Matt Graphite and is enhanced with a red rear sub frame, red side radiator cowls, and red pin stripe detailing to the wheels.
Engine and Transmission
- Type: Liquid-cooled, 12 valve, DOHC, in-line 3-cylinder
- Capacity: 675 cc
- Bore/Stroke: 74.0 x 52.3 mm
- Fuel System: Multipoint sequential electronic fuel injection with SAI
- Exhaust: Stainless steel 3 into 1 exhaust system low single sided stainless steel silencer
- Final Drive: O ring chain
- Clutch: Wet, multi-plate.
- Gearbox: 6-speed, close ratio
- Oil Capacity: 3.4 litres (0.9 US gals)
Chassis, Running Gear and Displays
- Frame: Front - Aluminum beam twin spar. Rear - 2 piece high pressure die cast
- Swingarm: Twin-sided, cast aluminium alloy
- Front Wheel: Cast aluminum alloy 5-spoke 17 x 3.5 in
- Rear Wheel: Cast aluminum alloy 5-spoke 17 x 5.5 in
- Front Tire: 120/70 ZR 17
- Rear Tire: 180/55 ZR 17
- Front Suspension: Kayaba 41mm upside down forks with adjustable preload, rebound and compression damping, 115mm travel
- Rear Suspension: Kayaba monoshock with piggy back reservoir adjustable for rebound and compression damping, 135mm rear wheel travel
- Front Brakes: Twin 310mm floating discs. Nissin 4-piston radial calipers.(Switchable ABS model available)
- Rear Brakes: Single 220mm disc, Brembo single piston caliper. (Switchable ABS model available)
Dimensions and Capacities
- Length: 2055 mm (80.8 in)
- Width (handlebars): 740 mm (29.1 in)
- Height without mirrors: 1110 mm (43.7 in)
- Seat Height: 820 mm (32.3 in)
- Wheelbase: 1410 mm (55.5 in)
- Rake/Trail: 23.4º/95.0 mm
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 17.4 litres (4.6 US gals)
- Wet Weight (ready to ride): 182 kg (400 lbs)
Performance (measured at crankshaft to 95/1/EC)
- Maximum Power: 106 PS / 105 bhp / 78 kW @ 11850 rpm
- Maximum Torque: 68 Nm / 50 ft.lbs @ 9750 rpm