- Engine Type: Four-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC, four valve per cylinder, inline-four with VVT
- Displacement: 1,352 cc
- Bore and Stroke: 84.0 x 61.0mm
- Maximum Torque: 102.0 lb-ft @ 6,200 rpm
- Compression Ratio: 10.7:1
- Fuel Ignition: Digital Fuel Injection w/ 40mm throttle bodies
- Ignition: TCBI with Digital Advance
- Transmission: 6-Speed
- Final Drive: Tetra-Lever shaft drive
- Rake/Trail: 26.1 degrees/4.4 in.
- Front Tire Size: 120/70 ZR-17
- Rear Tire Size: 190/50 ZR-17
- Front Suspension / wheel travel: 43mm inverted, telescopic fork with adjustable rebound damping and spring preload / 4.4 in.
- Rear Suspension / wheel travel: Tetra-Lever with stepless rebound damping adjustment and remote spring preload adjuster / 5.4 in.
- Front Brake Type: Dual floating 310mm petal discs with four-piston calipers (optional ABS)
- Rear Brake Type: Single 270mm petal disc
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 5.8 gal.
- Seat Height: 32.1"
- Curb Weight: 670.3
- Wheelbase: 59.8
- Overal Length: 89.4 in.
- Overall height windscreen min / windscreen max: 50.8/55.3
- Overall width at handlebars / at saddlebags: 30.7 in. / 39.4 in.
- Color: Candy Neptune Blue/Flat Super Black
- Warranty: 36 Months
Enhanced Comfort & Touring Potential
- A completely redesigned, more aggressive fairing with new inner guide surfaces and outlets is designed to facilitate heat dissipation, greatly reducing the amount of hot air transmitted to the rider
- A 70mm taller windscreen with a wider upper portion reduces upper-body turbulence. The screen is electrically adjustable, with four new programmable preset positions
- When the power is turned off, the windscreen goes to its lowest position. When the power is turned back on, the windscreen's memory function returns it to the selected preset position
- Passages from windscreen slits direct air through the inner fairing to vents next to the instrument panel; alleviating the lower pressure helps prevent turbulence around the rider's head
- An exhaust pipe guard added to the upper part of the exhaust mid-pipe helps protect the rider from heat when stopped
- Stepless adjustable grip heaters are standard, with an easy-to-reach switch located in front of the new lockable storage case on the inner left fairing panel
- A new, lockable storage case in the left fairing inner panel uses an electromagnet lock to prevent entry when the engine is off
- New mirrors positioned 40mm higher increase rear visibility and provide increased hand protection from the wind
- New hooks at the front of the tank facilitate securing a tank bag
New Fuel Economy Assistance Mode
- Activating fuel economy assistance mode changes the engine to a leaner map which prioritizes fuel economy, for as much as a 25 percent MPG boost
- Fuel economy assistance works in any gear, as long as rpm is below 6000, throttle opening less than 30 percent and speed less than 80 mph
- KTRC adds no weight, since it uses the existing ECU and ABS sensors
- Now each Concours 14 comes with one key fob (kept in a pocket) and a small card-type key for emergency/backup use.
- The new card-type key includes an immobilizer function (but no remote activation) and is highly portable, measuring just 1.2 x 1.6 x 0.25 inch
Improved Finish, Higher Quality Design
- Improved overall fit and finish results in a higher quality, more luxurious feel
- A revised muffler end cap gives the silencer a more compact appearance; internal construction is unchanged, but the end cap itself is 1.6 inches shorter
- Multi-function display now includes outside air temperature. The sensor is located at the intake duct (the furthest point from the engine)
- Other new instrument functions include the K-ACT mode indicator, Economical Riding Indicator, and Fuel Economy Assistance Mode mark
- The Mode-Select button on the front of the left grip lets the rider change LCD modes without taking his/her hand off the grip, toggling through average fuel consumption, instant fuel consumption, remaining range, tire pressure, battery voltage and outside temperature
- Engine guards, a larger top case, tank bag, GPS bracket, a low seat and side spoilers join the list of authorized Kawasaki Accessories.
1,352CC Four Cylinder, DOHC Engine with Variable Valve Timing (VVT)
- Tuned to provide smooth power across a wide rev range, the Concours 14 has power to spare
- Variable valve timing improves the engine's flexibility and efficiency by altering the camshaft profiles to boost low-end and mid-range torque without sacrificing top-end power
- Its compact and narrow engine design keeps the weight down for maximum handling and performance
- Chrome composite plated aluminum cylinder bores are lightweight, durable, and quickly carry heat away from the combustion chamber and piston for supreme durability under high loads
Gear-Driven Dual Engine Balancers
- Already in perfect primary balance, the Concours inline four-cylinder engine uses dual secondary balancers to virtually eliminate unwanted vibrations for enhanced rider comfort
Ram Air Induction
- Ram air ducts provide a straight path for cool, high-pressure air to enter the airbox for maximum intake efficiency and power
Digital Fuel Injection
- A digital computer feeds the engine exactly the amount of fuel it needs for cleaner emissions and maximum fuel economy
- A 32-bit electronic control unit works with the dual throttle-valve system to further enhance throttle response and control
- Four individual spark plug-mounted ignition coils fire each spark plug independently to achieve optimum timing
- An idle speed control system included in the ECU provides easy starting and warm-up
Radial Pump Clutch Master Cylinder
- A hydraulic radial-pump clutch master cylinder delivers smooth, precise clutch engagement
Monocoque Aluminum Frame
- Hollow aluminum box sections arch over the engine from the steering head to the swingarm pivot for a narrow, rigid and very light frame
- The rigid-mounted engine acts as a stressed frame member to increase the frame's torsional rigidity while reducing weight
- Forward engine positioning, wheelbase length and front/rear weight balance were carefully designed to achieve high-speed stability and responsive handling
Radial-Mount Petal-Type Front Disc Brakes
- Radial design uses mounting points at the top and bottom of the caliper, with mounting bolts inserted through the rear of the caliper instead of the side/front for increased rigidity and improved brake feel
- Separate brake pads for each caliper piston provide increased cooling efficiency and more consistent brake feel under extreme conditions.
- Petal design front and rear brake rotors provide enhanced cooling and better warp resistance
- Radial-pump front brake master cylinder improves brake performance and lever feel
Tetra-Lever Shaft Drive
- This unique four-link design offsets lifting and squatting tendencies of shaft drive when the throttle is opened and closed, significantly reduces driveline lash during sport riding and provides smooth acceleration when exploiting the engine's incredible power output
- Virtually maintenance-free, the Tetra-Lever system dramatically reduces routine maintenance requirements
Plenty of Storage Room
- Concours 14's large-volume, easily detachable sidebags are integrally designed to complement the rest of the machine. Water-resistant, they easily hold a full-face helmet.
- The cases are mounted as close as possible to the bike's centerline and center of gravity, with lightweight construction that minimizes their influence on handling
- A lightweight resin-construction rear carrier is designed to be compatible with an accessory top case
- An all-purpose 40-watt accessory socket is mounted on the dash, providing convenient access to power for electronics
- Easy-to-read speedometer and tachometer, multi-function LCD digital display including an odometer, two trip meters, fuel gauge, gear position indicator, tire pressure indicator and a clock are just a partial listing of the 2010 Concours 14's display capabilities
- Controller Area Network (CAN) interface between the gauges uses fewer wires and allows a greater volume of information to be exchanged than in traditional instrument panels
- Kawasaki's Intelligent Proximity Activation Start System (KIPASS) now comes with a small card-type key for emergency use